What to Wear to a Polo Match
Your outfit may change depending on where you are watching the match. In the VIP tent, guests go all out with light linen suits and beautiful dresses.
- Many men wear khaki or colored pants, a crisp collared shirt and sport coat (depending on the weather).
- Women wear dresses or slacks and a blouse.
- Footwear should be comfortable. Sandals, sneakers, loafers, boots are all acceptable. Ladies, skip the stiletto and opt for a wedge or flat. There is grass all over the premises, your heels will sink right in.
If you are tailgating from the back of your car, you’ll notice a much more casual atmosphere.
- Often times men and women wear shorts, cotton dresses, flip flops, and even jeans.
- If you are tailgating, bring a large hat, as the sun can be harsh.
When choosing an outfit for a polo match, keep in mind polo is an outdoor sport and weather will be a factor, but most of all, have fun and be yourself.